May 13, 2011

My whole heart design...

I've been wanting to write about this for a while and thought today would be the perfect day to do it.

Where to begin...

Well January 25th, I decided to start this blog. It was about 3 weeks after Maddie Grace passed away, and I was still completely lost in grief and despair.

I had started writing a journal but just couldn't get my feeling's out fast enough on paper. So, I decided to start this blog.

I sat down in front of my computer and started telling our story.

I remember bawling as I typed, everything was so fresh on my heart and mind.

I was broken and empty, and I just wanted to find strength. I wanted to find relief for my pain. Through this blog, I have done that.

I remember finding a pale pink template and a caption with birds. I titled the blog "God's gift of Grace" the exact meaning of my daughter's name.

It was in that first post, I poured out the story of the birth and death of my sweet Maddie Grace. Once I got it out, I knew I could continue to tell our story, and so far I have.

About two months ago, I realized just how much time I spend writing for my blog, and I wanted my site to be a little more personal and prettier to look at. =) So, I started researching Blog designs.

I found some sites' where people design them, and looked into that a little. I posted on on facebook asking if anyone could help me.

Not long after, I got an inbox from my friend Nicole who I met while attending Crown college. She is such a sweet heart and a wonderful photographer. You can check out her beautiful work at:

Nicole had informed me that her friend Kimberly was a web designer and did beautiful work in blog designs. Boy, was she right.

A few minutes later, I got another inbox saying that Nicole had talked to Kimberly and after hearing our story, Kimberly wanted to design my blog as a gift. As a gift!

What. A. Blessing.

I couldn't believe it.

Isn't it neat how God works?

He knew I needed this and sent someone with such a kind generous heart my way to bless me and help me. It was great.

So without hesitation, Kimberly and I messaged back and forth with what I would like the blog to to look like.

I picked pink and turquoise because those are the colors of Madeline's room. Then I asked her if I could have birds here and there on the website. I wanted to have little birds because they remind me so much of my sweet birdie girl.

As she started working, I was so excited! I was checking every day to see what else she had done, and how beautifully it was turning out.

I cried every time I pulled up my computer and saw a new picture of Maddie or another little birdie. It melted my heart to see something so beautiful coming together to honor my precious daughter.

The Heading couldn't have been any more perfect. I love all the detail of the birdies and even the tree. It reminded me so much of the tree Rick had painted on Madeline's nursery wall.

Everything Kimberly did was so Maddie. =)

Keep in mind, Kimberly has never met me or even talked to me except online, and yet she was able to design the PERFECT blog to honor my little girl. She is wonderfully talented.

She even shared our blog recently on her website. Check out the nice things she had to say about me. What a sweet heart.

I said all that to say this.

Thank you Kimberly from the bottom of my heart for creating such a beautiful spot for me to honor the life and memory of my little girl. So many people have said how beautiful the blog is and that is because of you!
You really did put your whole heart into doing this for us, and we will be forever grateful.

If any of you are looking for a web designer, please contact Kimberly at
www.mywholeheartdesign.com
She is a wonderful person with a heart of gold. Please visit her site and check out her beautiful work. =)

Kimberly taught me a lesson through this all. She taught me how giving and thoughtful others can be. She taught me how to reach out to other's (even strangers) in a time of need. She taught me how to love others and God with my whole heart... =) Thank you, Kimberly!

I can't get the links to post, so at the bottom of the page is a link to her blog. Please check it out!!! =)

Psalms 9:1 I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.

Psalms 111:1 Praise ye the LORD. I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.

Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.

Psalms 119:10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.

Psalms 119:34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.

Psalms 119:58 I intreated thy favour with my whole heart: be merciful unto me according to thy word.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. So nice.
    I looked at the website but was unable yo see anything about blogs..just photography stuff.
    Thank you for sharing. Your blog is beautiful.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim is amazing and your website is just absolutely beautiful! It is nice to know that there are such wonderful and caring people in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had wondered if you designed it yourself. It is absolutely beautiful! I'll have to check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your heart is a lovely heart. i can feel your emotions. These are the best days of your life. God bless you and you live a happy and long life for ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The website is a mirror of your heart, wonderful, full of emotions.

    ReplyDelete