May 23, 2011

Growing up and Graduation...

Well, I made it! I made it through Noah's Kindergarten graduation weekend.

There were definitely a few tears and lot's of hugs and kisses, but mostly I did really well.

 I still can't believe my little boy even went to Kindergarten this year, let alone graduated already. I am one proud Momma.

I remember when the school year was about to start, I was a little apprehensive about sending him. I had considered waiting since he wasn't even 5 yet when the school year started, but now I am SO glad I did. He may not be as tall as some of his classmates and he isn't 6 yet, but I don't think any of that mattered. He amazed me with how eager and excited he was to learn. He loves to work hard and learn new things. He is determined and focused and so very intelligent.

I knew he was going to be good at school when he was already reading before Christmas break. It just comes naturally to him. Plus, He has one of the sweetest, most dedicated teachers. We were so blessed to have had such a wonderful experience this year. Mrs. Becky made everything so smooth and comfortable for us, even when we had a hard time letting go of our "baby."

As I sat there friday night and watched my little boy quoting The Constitution, The Gettysburg Address, and over 26 verses of scripture, I was amazed. I enjoyed watching his personality as they sang a song about the United States. I loved hearing him quote all three of the pledges. He is so full of joy!

I didn't seem that long ago, when my sweet Noah Riley came into this world on August the 19th, at 6:54 pm. He weighed in at 8 lbs, 9 oz and was 22 inches long. He was my chubby little baby and now he is writing, reading, and making his way through growing up.

It was such a blessing to watch our "little blessing" learning to do so much. And not just learning about reading, writing and arithmetic, but about the Bible and the Lord. What a blessing it is to send our little boy to a Christian School where the Lord is ever present and a huge part of their education. After all, it is HIStory, isn't it? =)

After Noah and his classmates did their recitations, I enjoyed watching Him receive his diploma. He had the biggest smile on his face as he turned his tassel and gave an adorable wave. He looked like he could be the future president with that wave. It was so cute. I had tears in my eyes with pride for my little boy, what a blessing he has been to my life.

During the rest of the ceremony, one of the other Kindergarten Mom's leaned up to me and asked how I wasn't falling apart. I simply replied, "I'm just so happy for him." And I was.

I remember thinking when they called his name "Noah Riley Ross" how exciting it was. I couldn't help but smile for him. I looked over at Eli and thought in a few years, we will be doing this with him.

But, I also remember thinking how I would never hear my sweet Madeline's named called at a graduation.
I would never watch her turn her tassel or wave to the crowd. It broke my heart.

So, yes, It may be emotional, but I'm happy Noah graduated. I'm happy I got to hear his name called and watch his face light up with excitement as he was handed his diploma, for all his hard work this year. I'm proud that each day that went by, he was learning and growing a little more. He is being molded daily into the young boy who will one day become a man, and make a huge mark on this life. He's growing up and for the first time in my life, I can say that I'm glad.

I remember with each month that would go by when the boys were babies, I would be sad. Each birthday that passed, I would cry and wish time would just slow down.

Now, I'm happy. I'm happy because it means that they are living. They are growing. They are here.

We may not want our babies to grow up, but really it's a wonderful thing. I wish I could watch Maddie Grace grow up. I wish this so much, but I can't.

So, I will watch my boys grow and I will cherish the steps they take forward into this world, always praying that God will use their lives in a great way.

I truly think that God is going to do something great with Noah's little life, and I am so proud of him. He has been a blessing since the day I first held him, and he continues to bless my life daily. I love him so very much.

I took some pictures of Noah's graduation.

Enjoy =)










Our sweet family. Maddie Grace may not be in this picture with us, but she was smiling down on us that day I know.... She is proud of her big brother! We are proud of him too! =)

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute little guy!
    So bittersweet to see your boys grow, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie,
    You look wonderful! Your boys are absolutely adorable! I have mixed emotions, my oldest son will be going to school in a year and a half. It is so hard to believe. I hope you are feeling well! We are praying for you!
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete