March 24, 2011

The storms of life...

3/21/11

My sweet friend Kelsey sent me this quote and I wanted to share it with all of you.

"You may never learn to enjoy the storm, but you can learn to enjoy God's presence IN the storm."

How true is that?

I think so often about the storms of life and especially now that I'm walking through one myself. There have been times that I looked up and felt like on the outside I look and maybe seem completely normal, but on the inside I'm still in the middle of the storm.

There is never a moment of the day that Madeline is not on my heart and mind. She is constantly in my thoughts. Yet, I am trying so hard to come through this storm, with strength from the Lord.

I am still hurting, 10 weeks later. My heart is still broken. I still cry every day. But, I am not alone. So many people are hurting too. So many people are in the the eye of the storm.

Many of you have written me and told me your stories. I'm so thankful that as I write here and share my stories with you, you are writing and sharing yours with me. It means so much. Feel free to write me, I love to read your hearts.

It is evident that so many people are hurting, not just me. I have learned this and I am praying for so many of you.

What is it in your life?

Have you lost a child or are you struggling to have one?

Are you going through a divorce?

Is a loved one sick?

Did an adoption fall through?

Do you suffer from chronic pain?

Are you struggling to make ends meet?

Are you unsure of your future?


There are so many struggles. The list goes on and on.

And as I am getting older, there seems to be so many more storms entering the lives of the ones I love. There seem to be more in my life. And honestly, they seem to be all over the world.

It's in those moments, that I'm thankful that I know the One who can bring me thorough the storm. And I CAN enjoy His presence while I'm there.

As I listen to the rain hitting the window right now, I'm thankful that I'm safe and inside. The elements are not able to touch me because I'm under shelter.

God is our shelter from the storm. He is our hiding place.

I was listening to a CD that Heidi had made for me and I heard this song on there that really touched me. The chorus goes...

God sees the storm from the other side
He knows the lessons learned
And just beyond the clouds He sees clear skies
He speaks peace to the raging storm
When peace cannot be found
He already sees the rainbow when we see only clouds

And when the storms of life come crashing in and trouble me
I can feel God's arms around me and He whispers
Let it be, Let it be.
My prayer is that a beautiful rainbow is forming thorugh this trial in my life.

We don't always understand why we are going through these storms and we will never enjoy these storms. But, once we get through them, we can look back and remember we did make it through.

So, while your going through it, just trust in the Lord and enjoy His presence in the storm. He is holding you...... and me.

Psalm 46
1God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

2Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

3Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

3 comments:

  1. Natalie,
    I couldn't agree with you any more. I know this is the first time I have commented on your blog, but it isn't the first one I have read. I have read every blog to date. I think you are an Amazing testimony to so many people. I can truly say God has changed our lives for the better. I watch how you deal with our children and how our relationship has grown stronger, you are a wonderful mother and wife.
    I believe God has something great in store for our lives. God has already allowed a beautiful rainbow to shine through you life. As you wrote in your prior blog, our boys watch you and they are gaining strength from your strength. I think about the other night when Noah was sick and I made him a bed on the floor in our room, you were asleep and I was having a hard time sleeping because I knew how sick he was. I rolled over and looked at the clock and it was 3:00AM and he was sitting straight up. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I am praying daddy".
    Natalie, there is our rainbow!
    He knew to call upon God in his time of need because he has watched us call upon Him in our time of need. So, in this Trial we Trust in the Lord, and in this Storm may we See his hand, and in our Hearts may we Hold on to the memories of those we love. Thank you for being such an amazing encouragement to others and especially such an encouragement to me.
    I Love You - Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your heart!! I recently stumbled upon your blog, and I am SO sorry for the pain you are going through. With six kiddos of my own, I cannot imagine losing one. It aches my heart as I read your blog. But I know that you are a believer and have His strength carrying you, and you are a living testimony to SO many other hurting people out there. I do not know how people walk through storms without our God that truly sustains us and upholds us with His Righteous Right Hand. You are such an encouragement to so many, I know. His light is shining through you. And I will be uplifting you in prayer because I know that He works as we pray. He never ceases to amaze me with that relationship that we have with Him! I really mean it when I say that I will pray for you. You are a wonderful mommy; I can tell.

    I have lost a baby in my womb, been through situations that are devastating, had to make choices that seem impossible, had my world shaken with a child with special needs, walked through sickness (toxic mold poisoning) where my whole family was suffering. To know that my babies were poisoned and their bodies were affected was heart breaking. To watch them in the hospital getting tests done and treatment for symptoms that were unexplainable to the doctors. To not know if I would live to take care of them as I battled symptoms that devastated our family. I have lost family members that I dearly love, etc. And we all have these stories and suffering that we walk through. But through it all, God has held my hand, picked me up when I couldn't go on. He has been my Healer, Sustainer, my Rock, Ever Present Help in times of trouble, my Deliverer, my God that I love. He upholds me and carries me and gives me His joy in the midst of the pain. He is SO good all the time. I am SO thankful to know Him. And the ways that He has shaped me and molded me through the pain are something only He can do. And the blessings He has given me that I thought I would not want are indescribable!! Oh, how I thank my Father. He truly is my Deliverer!

    I will send others to your blog. I have a friend that lost her baby two years ago when he was eleven weeks old. Then she got pregnant again, and her precious little girl just went to be with the Lord on her son's birthday that she lost. She was stillborn at 27 weeks. Oh, the pain!! Only the Lord can carry you all through this- only Him because I cannot think of anything more heart breaking.

    Much, much love to you as you walk on this journey, Cara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is the first one I have read, then you posted about the Staats family and I started reading theirs too.. After reading many comments on both of yalls blog I could not believe that so many people are going through the same storm as you. Its so heartbreaking and I only have one son (almost 3 yrs old) and I am scared to death to have another after reading all these blogs. That is wrong of me isnt it?? Sometimes I feel God has put these blogs in my life for a reason and now im scared to death to try for baby #2.. I hope I overcome this, b/c I know we are not supose to fear life.. Whatever thats in Gods plan will happen.....
    As far as you, there is nothing that could make this right that it happened to your sweet family but you have really touched many lives including mine. I pray for you to have strengh every day.
    Love,
    Angel

    PS - I read this idea and maybe you have 2 but it would be neat for you to have buttons made with Maddies pic on it and the next time you do family pics, she too can be in the pic by yall wearing her.. My Uncle died a few yrs ago and to this day my grandmother and aunts wear ther button every day and every time a pic is taken most of the time he is in it 2 =)

    ReplyDelete