September 17, 2012

Maddie skies...


This morning I'm sitting here full of happiness and hope and thinking how good our God is!

We enjoyed a very sweet weekend together as a family and I'm so grateful for all the things God is doing in our lives.

I'm not sure if I have shared this before or not, but there is a sweet reminder that the Lord has given us to remember our sweet Maddie Grace.

I'll never forget the first one.

It was Christmas Eve and we were driving to my brother's house to celebrate with my family.

Jonah was just 2 weeks old and our family was so thankful to have him there with us, but in my heart I couldn't stop thinking of my sweet girl.

I wanted her there too. I wanted to celebrate her first Christmas as well that day. My heart hurt.

I looked out the window and thought of her. I pictured her little face and tried to remember what she felt like in my arms.

The boys giggled in the backseat as they were so excited to get to their cousins house and see everyone.

My heart was so full with my Husband and three boys, but yet so empty without my Maddie Grace.

I remember looking up at the sky and that's when I saw it.

It was the most beautiful pink sunset.

I told Rick to look at it and in that moment, we both knew.

God's love and grace came over my heart and thoughts in that moment.

I felt like He was saying "Be still Natalie, she's with me. She's safe. You can celebrate. You can smile. She's with me."

Ever since that moment, everytime I see one of those beautiful pink skies; I smile and think of my girl.

It's as if the Lord picks out pink to paint the sky some nights just so I can smile. How great is the love of our Lord? How wonderful are His promises. Heaven truly does get sweeter every day.

I can't wait until Heaven. I can't wait to see the beauty it holds.

I know Madeline's eyes are beholding such beauty.

And one day, I will be with her to see it too.

But for now, I'm thankful for every single one of those reminders. Those "Maddie skies" as we call them.

It's just another way we can feel our sweet girl is with us.

Whether it's driving to be with friends.

Celebrating a holiday.

Taking a walk.

Or having dinner around a bonfire like we were this weekend...


She always seems to be around. And for that, we are thankful. =)

Just wanted to share my little piece (of peace) that God has given me. I would love for you to share some of the "reminder's" God has given you of your loved ones... Every little reminder means so much. =)

Much Love,
Natalie


Here are a few more pink skies my sweet friends have shared with me on Facebook.

Enjoy!






 
We love you Maddie Grace and miss you every day!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I so enjoy reading your posts and how God is blessing your family and healing your hearts. I really don't know how moms make it after the loss of a child without Jesus as their Savior. Your blog and testimony is sure to point these mommas to the Savior. Thanks for sharing Maddie's story.
    Oh and BTW, I saw the most beautiful sky tonight on my walk home from the salon here in Croatia where our family is serving the Lord. It was the perfect hues of pink and purple ever.:). Wish I could have snapped a photo to share.

    Prayers,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete