February 16, 2012

Just for fun...

One of the things I've always loved about my Husband is his spontaneity!

So as Valentine's Day approached I was anxious to see what he had in store.

We had spent the weekend prior to Valentine's Day with our sweet friends Nathan and Bethany at their Church. They invited Rick to host a couples retreat. We had a great time! We stayed at a beautiful hotel and I really enjoyed the time away with Rick. Jonah came with us, but since it was for couples only, we had to leave the boys with Grandma. I missed them so much.

I truly enjoyed listening to my husband share his heart on topics such as family and the home. We made some wonderful new friends and enjoyed just being together. Rick took me shopping and spoiled me rotten. I'm a lucky girl for sure.

When we got back to Ohio, we picked up our boys. The next day was actual Valentine's Day so Noah and I were busy making treats for his class. Rick had to go back to work and so Eli Jonah and I spent the day celebrating up at Noah's school. I brought in treats and took some pictures for the yearbook.

When we got home, I was anxious to hear what Rick's plans were for the evening. He called me on the way home and said "Pack your bags!"

What? I just unpacked them from our weekend of traveling.

Then he told me we were headed to the Great Wolf Lodge to celebrate with the kids. We were ecstatic! We grabbed our stuff and piled into the escalade.

It was so fun!

The boys were giggly with excitement. I was happy that my sweet Husband wanted to do something so special for our sweet boys. They deserve so much.

We spent that evening and the next day playing in the water, going down the slides and just "being together." I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate our love.

Sure, I was tired from the weekend prior and I had just got Jonah back into his routine at home, but it was worth it. Even though I was struggling and missing my Maddie Grace so much. Even though there seemed to be 13 month old baby girl's every where I looked that day; I tried to just be in the moment with my boys cherishing every second.

I love being spontaneous and having fun. I love that my Husband continues to keep this in our marriage and our family. =)

Sometimes you just have to pack up and go... just for fun!

And so we did.

I hope your Valentines Day was shared with as much love as ours was!

Much Love,
Natalie

I snapped some of the sweet memories we shared those days. Enjoy...
































I will update again soon. I have pics from Jonah's 2 month photo shoot and the last month. Thanks for continuing to follow our story of hope. Jonah is truly fulfilling everything we dreamed of. We are so blessed by our three little boys. <3

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. Love your family. I know it must be so hard to miss Maddie...but also you do a great job pouring your heart into your boys and letting them know hoe loved and special they are. And I'm glad your hubby spoiled you. You deserve it. You guys are such a beautiful couple! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. Jonah is getting so chunky. I love the valentine buckets. Very creative..

    ReplyDelete